Benefits Advice

There are many places you can find suitable benefits advice, please follow some of the links below.

Motability scheme

Who can apply for the Motability Scheme?


  • Getting the higher rate of the mobility part of Disability Living Allowance
  • Registered blind
  • Getting Personal Independence Payment (PIP) with a score of eight or more for the ‘Moving Around’ section

What does the Motability Scheme do?

This helps you to get a car.

However, it can still cost a lot, so do find out all about it before going ahead.

Click here for more info

Road Tax

If your child gets the higher rate of the mobility part of the Disability Living Allowance, a nominated driver may be exempt from paying Vehicle Excise Duty (road tax) on one car, which means you don’t have to pay road tax.

The nominated driver will need an ‘exemption certificate’ DLA 404.
You can get this from the Disability Benefits Unit, Mon – Fri 07:30hrs-18:30hrs:
Telephone: 0845 712 3456
Textphone: 0845 722 44 33

Click here for more info